- 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil, for sautéing
- 2 tablespoons minced Garlic
- ½ cup Sliced Onion
- 250 g Ground Pork
- ½ cup Water
- 1 cup minced Carrot
- 1 cup cubed Chayote
- 1 cup cooked U.S. White Beans
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Cornstarch or Flour, as needed
- Water, as needed
- 15 pieces Spring Roll/Lumpia Wrapper
- 2 cups Cooking Oil, for frying
- In a pan, sauté the garlic and onion until aromatic. Add then ground pork and cook for a few minutes, until it turns slightly brown.
- Add the water and bring it to boil. Lower heat to a simmer.
- Add the carrot, chayote and U.S. white beans. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook until done.
- Remove pan from heat and cool slightly. Strain to remove the liquid. Set aside the cooked vegetables to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix together cornstarch (or flour) with water to make a thin paste. Set aside.
- To assemble, lay a lumpia wrapper on a large plate. Put a tablespoonful of the vegetable mixture on the lumpia wrapper. Roll up tightly and secure the edges with the cornstarch-water slurry. Repeat procedure until all of the lumpia wrapper and vegetables are used up.
- In a wok, heat the cooking oil over medium fire. Fry the vegetable lumpia until golden and crisp. Drain well to remove excess oil.
- Serve immediately
Serving per recipe: 4
Calcium: 4.5 mg
CHO: 24.7 g
CHON: 8.5 g
Energy: 215 kcal
Fat: 10.9 g
Fiber: 10.9 g
Iron: 2.7 mg
Recipe By: Marices Cabaluna – BNS, Marilog District
Coach: Imelda Manlapid, RND