Squash Patties with U.S. Red Kidney Beans
- 3 to 4 cups Cooked Squash
- 1 cup Cooked U.S. Red Kidney Beans
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized Onion, chopped
- 250 g Ground Pork
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Cooking Oil, for frying
- In a bowl, mash together the squash and red kidney beans. Add the garlic, onion and ground pork. Blend well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix well then form into 6-centimeter disks. Chill until needed.
- In a sauté pan, heat the cooking oil. Fry the patties until golden brown. Drain well and serve hot.
Serving per recipe: 4
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Fats: 28 grams
Protein: 41 grams
Recipe by: Rosemarie Ruales, BNS-District B
Coach: Juvy Boloron