- 50 g U.S. Red Lentils
- 80 g Tapioca Starch
- 120 g Brown Sugar Palm
- 200 ml Water
- 10 g Small Tapioca Pearls, boiled and soaked in ice water
- 10 g Tapioca Noodles Sticks, boiled and soaked in ice water
- 5 ea Pandan Leaves
Ingredients for coconut sauce:
- 100 ml Coconut Milk
- 8 g Sugar
- 2 ea Pandan Leaves
- 5 g Tapioca Starch
- 1 g Salt
- To Taste Salt
- To Décor Toasted White Sesame
- Wash the U.S. Red Lentils and drain.
- Cook the U.S. Red Lentils with five pandan leaves until tender. Drain.
- Use blender to mill U.S. Red Lentils with a little bit of cooking liquid until smooth.
- Reheat by microwave or in a pot.
- Add the tapioca starch to the U.S. Red Lentil puree and carefully knead into a dough. (The dough should not be sticky. Add more tapioca starch if needed)
- Pinch the dough into to small ball and boil in slightly salted water.
- When cooked, drain and cool in ice water.
- Bring the palm sugar and pandan leaves in the water to a boil, Simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the U.S. Red Lentil balls and simmer for about 7 minutes.
- Add the tapioca pearls and the tapioca stick noodles and cook for another 3 minutes.
- For the coconut sauce bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Pour the hot U.S. Red Lentil balls with the syrup, tapioca pearls and noodles in to a serving dish.
- Pour a little of the coconut sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with the toasted sesame.