- 40 g U.S. Red Lentils
- 100 g White Tofu (1 piece)
- 30 g Enoki Mushrooms, cut 1.5 cm long
- 30 g Dried Shiitake Mushroom, soaked
- 30 g Jicama, thinly sliced and drained
- 20 g Dried Tofu Skin
- 30 g Leek, finely sliced, fried
- 30 g Coriander, chopped
- To Taste Soy Sauce
- To Taste Ground Pepper
- 6 Sheets Rice Paper
- 1 L Oil for Frying
- 50 g Lettuce
- 100 g Cucumber
- 100 g Fresh Herbs (Thai Basil, Mint, Purple Basil)
Ingredients for Mixed Soya Sauce:
- 100 mL Soya sauce
- 50 mL Water
- 20 mL Vinegar
- 40 g Sugar
- 30 g Chili, chopped
- 50 g Pickled Small Leeks
For Fried Spring Rolls:
- Wash the U.S. Red Lentils and drain.
- Boil U.S. Red Lentils until tender. Cool in the cooking liquid, then drain.
- Boil white tofu, drain, and crush with a fork.
- Boil the soaked shiitake mushroom and slice.
- Soak dried tofu skin for 5 minutes, slice.
- Combine the 8 first listed ingredients well but gently.
- Season with pepper and soy sauce.
- Place the rice paper flat on the working surface and soften with a little water.
- Place the stuffing on one end and roll half, then fold the 2 sides, roll again to finish.
- Deep fry at 170°C until nice golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
For Mixed Soya Sauce:
- Bring all ingredients, except the chili and pickled leek, to a boil let it cool, then add the chili and pickle.
- Arrange the fried rolls on the serving dish.
- Serve the vegetables: cucumbers, lettuce, and herbs in basket or other serving dish and serve the sauce on the side.