- 20 g U.S. Whole Green Peas
- 600 mL Chicken Broth
- 40 g Corn Kernels, fresh, boiled or canned
- 20 g Carrots, diced 5mm, blanched
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper Powder
- To Taste Sugar
- 20 g Tapioca Starch
- 40 mL Water
- 1 ea Egg, beaten
- 40 g Crab Meat, cooked or steamed and pulled
- To Taste Sesame Oil
- To Garnish Spring Onions, sliced
- To Garnish Coriander, chopped
- To Garnish Onions, thinly sliced
- Chinese Black Vinegar
- Soak the U.S. Whole Green Peas overnight. Wash and drain.
- Boil U.S. Whole Green Peas in fresh water and cook until tender.
- Cool in the cooking liquid and drain.
- Mix tapioca starch with water.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Add the corn kernels, carrots and U.S. Whole Green Peas and cook for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt, sugar and pepper.
- Pour slowly the tapioca starch in to the soup to thicken.
- Pour the beaten egg through strain in to the soup while stirring it slowly clockwise.
- Add crab meat and a few drops of sesame oil.
- Pour into the serving dish and sprinkle with the sliced spring onions, coriander and sliced onions.
- Serve Chinese black vinegar and soya sauce on the side.