Vegetables with Chicken and U.S. Black Beans
- 2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 cup sliced Onion
- 150 g Chicken Breast, cubed
- 3 cups sliced Squash
- 2 cups sliced Luffa (Patola)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Cooked U.S. Black Beans
- 1 cup Moringa Leaves (Malunggay Leaves)
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to Taste
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook until it turns slightly brown. Add squash and patola.
- Pour water into the pan and bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook until vegetables softens.
- Add the soy sauce, U.S. black beans and malunggay leaves. Cook for a few more minutes then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Servings per recipe: 6
Calcium: 61 mg
CHO: 13.2 g
CHON: 3 g
Energy: 105 kcal
Fat: 3.8 g
Fiber: 3 g
Recipe by: Isabel Unson, BNS-Marilog District
Imelda Manlapid, RND – Coach