- ½ cup cooked U.S. Lentils
- ¾ cup Black Olives
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Capers
- 1 to 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled
- Anchovies, to taste
- Fresh Basil or Thyme Leaves, as desired
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- Cayenne, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Saltine Crackers or Toasted Baguette
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks
- Place all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a non-reactive container and chill.
- Serve with toasted baguette, saltine crackers, celery sticks and carrot sticks.
- You may also use this recipe as a spread for sandwiches and wraps.
- To make a U.S. lentil and Black Olive Vinaigrette, add a bit more olive oil to the recipe.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings