- 500 g Tuna
- Water, as needed
- ½ cup cooked U.S. Red Kidney Beans, mashed
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 medium Onion, minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 piece grated Carrots
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Cooking Oil, as needed
- In a pot, boil the water and add the tuna. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until done. Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes. Flake the fish into small pieces.
- Put fish in a clean bowl. Add the mashed red kidney beans, then rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Form into 4 inches patty.
- In a pan, heat the cooking oil over medium fire. Cook the fish balls, a few at a time, until golden brown.
- Drain well then serve immediately while hot.
Serving per recipe: 4
Serving size: 4 inches across
Carbohydrates: 6.6 g
Fats: 12.22 g
Protein: 72.8 g
Recipe by: Carol Balante, BNS-District B
Coach: Juvy Boloron