“Thung” Sweet Soup with U.S. Black Beans and U.S. Whole Green Peas
- 30 g U.S. Black Beans
- 60 g U.S. Whole Green Peas
- 30 g Peanuts, steamed or boiled
- 20 g Long Tapioca Noodle Sticks
- 15 g Small Tapioca Pearls
- 100 g Rock Sugar
- 200 mL Water
- 600 mL Coconut Milk
- 100 g Pandan Leaves
- To Taste Salt
- 6 g Fried Seaweed
- 200 mL Coconut Milk
- To Taste Vanilla
- Soak U.S. Black Beans and U.S. Whole Green Peas overnight. Drain and wash.
- Boil the U.S. Black Beans and the U.S. Whole Green Peas separately until tender.
- Cool in the cooking liquid. Then drain.
- Cook the tapioca pearls and tapioca noodle sticks until transparent.
- Cool in cold water to separate.
- Boil rock sugar with water, strain sugar water.
- Boil the 600 mL coconut milk with the pandan leaves, a pinch of salt, and the rock sugar syrup for 5 minutes.
- Add U.S. Black Beans, U.S Whole Green Peas, and cooked peanuts.
- Simmer on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tapioca pearls and tapioca noodles sticks and cook for further 2 minutes to heat through.
- Add the fried seaweed, 200 mL coconut milk, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla flavor.
- Serve hot or cold on ice.
- Decorate with pandan leaves.