Sticky Rice with Mango and U.S. Yellow Split Peas
- As needed Water
- 10 Ea Pandan Leaf, washed and folded
- 25 G U.S. Yellow Split Peas, for cooking
- 25 G U.S. Yellow Split Peas, toasted and cracked *
- 150 G Sticky rice
- 200 Ml Coconut milk
- 100 Ml Coconut milk
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Sugar
- 30 G Tapioca Starch
- 150 G Diced Sweet Mango (3 – 5mm)
- 100 G Grated Fresh Coconut
- 20 G Toasted White Sesame
- 50 G Cracked Roasted Peanuts
- Clean and soak sticky rice in water for 6-8 hours with a little bit of salt, then drain and wash.
- Clean and soak 25g of the U.S. Yellow Split Peas, then drain and wash.
- Cook until tender set aside.
- Simmer the water with the Pandan leaves for a few minutes to release the flavor.
- Mix the cracked S. Yellow Split Peas in to sticky rice and steam over the pandan water.
- When done, gently fold the slightly salted 200ml coconut milk into the steamed sticky rice with the U.S. Yellow Split Peas.
For The Sauce:
- Mix the tapioca starch with a little water.
- Bring the 100ml coconut milk to a boil and add sugar and salt to taste.
- Thicken with the tapioca starch and stir well while heating until it thickens. If a thicker consistency is required add more starch.
- Shape the sticky rice into the desired size balls and arrange on the serving dish.
- Add the diced mango and pour some of the coconut sauce over the rice-S. Yellow Split Peas balls.
- Sprinkle with the cooked U.S. Yellow Split Peas, grated coconut, cracked peanuts and toasted sesame seeds.
* Spread the U.S. Yellow Split Peas on to a baking sheet and toast in the oven until fragrant. Then crack slightly in a mortar.