Thai Glass Noodle Salad with U.S. Navy Beans
- 200 g Glass Noodles
- 1/2 cup Dry U.S. Navy Beans
- 300 g Ground Pork
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 6 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 5 cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 2-3 Bird’s Eye Chilis, Sliced
- 2 tbsp Coriander, Minced
- 1 tbsp Mint Leaves, Chopped
- 3 Shallot Onions, Finely Sliced
- for garnishing Coriander Leaves
- for garnishing Lettuce Leaves
- Soak dry U.S. Navy Beans overnight before cooking. Drain water and replace with fresh, cold water for cooking. Place on stove and bring to a boil in a pot with a lid. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, tilt lid to allow steam to escape, and leave to cook for up to 90 minutes, or until tender. Drain water and leave it.
- Soak glass noodles in warm water for about 5 minutes or until it’s soft. Drain and chop it roughly.
- Heat vegetable oil in the pan and put in the ground pork. Add a dash of fish sauce and stir-fry until the pork is cooked. Add glass noodles and stir until it’s well-mixed. Remove from the stove and put in the mixing bowl.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar to the mixture and stir. Then add the mint leaves, garlic, chili, cooked U.S. Navy beans, and minced coriander. Stir again until mixed.
- Line a serving plate with lettuce and place the glass noodle salad on. Then finally, garnish with shallot and coriander leaves.