- 40 g U.S. Red Lentils
- 150 g Blue Tail Greasyback Shrimp, head, tail, and legs removed (Sand Shrimp, Metapenaeus intermedius)
- 100 g “Khot” Cake Flour Mix
- 200 mL Fresh Coconut Milk
- 30 g Spring Onions, sliced
- 30 g Oil
- 50 g Beansprouts, root removed, cut 1 cm long
- To Taste Black Pepper Powder
- To Taste Seasoning Powder
- 50 g Lettuce
- 100 g Cucumber
- 100 g Fresh Herbs (Thai Basil, Mint, Purple Asian Basil)
Ingredients for “Nuoc Cham” (Fish Dipping Sauce):
- 150 mL Water from Young Coconuts
- 20 g Sugar
- 15 mL Vinegar
- 30 mL Fish Sauce
- 15 g Garlic, chopped
- 15 g Red Bird Chili, chopped
- 50 g Pickle Juliennes (Vietnamese Radish and Carrot Pickles)
For “Khot” Cake:
- Wash the U.S. Red Lentils and drain.
- Boil the U.S. Red Lentils in fresh water until tender and cool in the cooking liquid.
- Boil the shrimps and set cool.
- Mix the “Khot” flour with the coconut milk.
- Rest for 30 minutes, then add the sliced spring onions.
- Heat the “Khot” cake mold to high temperature and add a little oil.
- Pour “Khot” cake batter into the mold, add the beansprouts and shrimps, and sprinkle with U.S. Red Lentils.
- Cover and cook.
- When the cake starts to get transparent, add a little more to make it crispy.
- Once done remove from the mold and arrange on a serving dish covered with banana leaves.
For the Dipping Sauce:
- Bring the coconut water, sugar, fish sauce, and vinegar to a boil.
- Set aside to cool.
- Then add garlic, chili, and pickles.
- Serve on the side.
Arrange the cleaned and washed vegetables: Cucumbers, lettuce, and herbs in basket or other serving dish and serve on the side.