Ginataang Puso ng Saging with U.S. Black Beans
- 1 Banana Heart, cleaned then chopped
- Water, as needed
- Cooking Oil, as needed
- 3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- A small knob of Ginger, peeled then sliced
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Cube Pork Bouillon
- 1 can (450 g) cooked U.S. Black Beans
- 2 Stalks Scallion, chopped
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- In a pot, boil the banana heart in water until softened. Drain well and set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté the garlic, onion and ginger in oil. Add the pre-cooked banana heart, then the coconut milk and pork bouillon. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer.
- Add the black beans and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the scallions. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Servings per recipe: 5
Calcium: 66 mg
CHO: 4.8 g
CHON: 2.5 g
Energy: 100 kcal
Fat: 6.9 g
Fiber: 3 g
Iron: 1.6 mg
Recipe By: Mary Jean Go Velos, BNS – Marilog District
Imelda Manlapid, RND – Coach