U.S. Lentil and Banana Muffins
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup cooked U.S. Lentils, Mashed
- 3 large Ripe Bananas, peeled then mashed
- ½ cup Vegetable or Corn Oil
- 2 cups sifted All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Large Banana, peeled then chopped
- ½ to ¾ cup cooked U.S. Lentils, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line two muffin pans with paper cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar and vanilla extract until light. Add the U.S. lentils, mashed banana and vegetable (or corn) oil. Mix well.
- Meanwhile, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Fold sifted dry ingredients into the U.S. lentil and banana mixture. Blend well. Add the chopped banana and scoop into prepared pan. Top with cooked U.S. lentils.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Yield: 18 to 24 pieces