Sinigang na Baboy at Langka with U.S. Red Kidney Beans
- 6 cups Water, or more
- 500 g Pork, cubed
- 1 cube Pork Bouillon
- 1 medium Onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium Tomatoes, sliced
- Black Peppercorns, as needed
- 1 Kilo Unripe Jackfruit (Langka), peeled then cubed
- 1 cup cooked U.S. Red Kidney Beans
- 1 pack Sinigang Sa Sampalok Mix
- 3 pieces Green Chili Pepper
- 500 g Pechay, washed and cut in half
- Salt, to taste
- Fish Sauce, to taste
- Put together water, pork and pork bouillon in a pot. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes then add the onion, tomatoes and black peppercorns. Simmer until the pork becomes almost tender.
- Add the langka, red kidney beans and sinigang mix. Cook for another 15 minutes, or until the meat becomes fork-tender.
- Add the green chili pepper and pechay. Season with salt and fish sauce. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes then transfer to a soup bowl. Serve immediately.
Serving per recipe: 5
Recipe by: Leah M. Buena, BNS – District B
Juvy Boloron, RND – Coach