Serving: 5 plates
Ingredients for Cooking Pasta
- 500g Spaghetti Pasta, dried
- 4 liters of Water
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for Cooking Green Split Pea
- 80g Green Split Peas, dried
- Water to boil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for Pumpkin Sauce
- 400g Pumpkin, cooked
- 80g Onions, diced
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 150g Shiitake Mushroom, sliced
- 40g Miso paste
- 400g Soy Milk, unsweetened
- 250g Water
- 2 sprigs of Thyme
- 1 sprig of Sage
- 2 tbsp Mushroom Seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
Ingredients for Kale Crisp
- 1 handful of Kale
- Olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp Vegan Parmesan (optional)
- Red Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half (optional)
Instructions for Cooking Pasta
- Fill a pot with water, then bring to a boil.
- Add salt, followed by dried pasta.
- During the first few minutes, keep stirring the pasta occasionally to prevent them from sticking together.
- Boil the pasta for approximately 6-8 minutes, until it reaches the al dente stage.
- Strain and wait for pasta to cool down, then toss with olive oil and set aside.
Instructions for Garlicky Green Split Pea
- Rinse green split peas and soak them in room temperature water for about 20 minutes. Drain then set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add water, a pinch of salt, and the green split peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the green split peas are just tender but still holding their shape. Drain, then set aside to cool.
- Add oil to a skillet on medium high heat, then add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the cooked green split peas and mix evenly. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper then set aside.
Instructions for Pumpkin Sauce
- Puree steamed pumpkin, then set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat up a bit of olive oil, then add garlic and onions, and stir-fry until they turn into a nice golden color.
- Add shiitake mushrooms and stir them constantly, then add the miso paste. Cook for about 2 minutes then deglaze the pan with soy milk. Scrape the bottom of the pan thoroughly to get all the flavor and prevent burning.
- Add water to the saucepan, followed by the pumpkin puree, thyme and sage, then bring to a boil.
- Add the rest of the seasoning (mushroom seasoning, cinnamon powder, smoked paprika, nutritional yeast, sea salt, ground black pepper), stir to combine, and let it simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to the saucepan and mix well until all the pasta is coated with the sauce.
Instructions for Kale Crisp
- Wash kale then dry them well.
- Coat kale with olive oil and add a pinch of salt.
- Air-fry at 185°C for about 8-10 mins.
Instructions for finishing up
- On a serving plate, add a portion of the pumpkin pasta, then add about 2 tbsp of stir-fried green split peas on top.
- Garnish with the kale crisp, cherry tomatoes and vegan parmesan.