Pork Belly and U.S. Pinto Beans Stewed in Coconut Juice and Fish Sauce
- 80 g U.S. Pinto Beans
- 300 g Pork Belly, diced 2cm x 3cm
- 50 g Shallots, chopped
- 30 ml Fish sauce
- 10 g Sugar
- 40 g Sugar
- 10 g Small Red Chili, chopped
- 50 ml Oil
- 300ml Coconut Juice
- To Taste Ground Black Pepper
- To Garnish Coriander Leaves
- To Garnish Spring Onions, sliced
- Soak the U.S. Pinto Beans overnight. Drain and wash.
- Boil the U.S. Pinto Beans in fresh water until half tender. Cool in the cooking liquid, then drain.
- Marinate pork belly with the chopped shallots, 10g sugar and fish sauce.
- Sauté the 40gm sugar in the oil until dark brown in color.
- Add the marinated pork belly.
- Mix well to coat all the pork.
- Pour in the coconut juice and add the U.S. Pinto Beans and chili.
- Simmer on medium heat until the pork belly and U.S. Pinto Beans are tender.
- If the liquid reduces too much during cooking add some water.
- Once tender, arrange in the serving dish and sprinkle with the sliced spring onions, coriander leaves and black pepper.
- Serve with hot, steamed rice.