U.S. Lentil Carrot Spice Muffins
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup U.S. Lentil Purée
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Each Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Spray muffin tin lightly non-stick spray.
- Mix both sugars, vanilla, canola oil, and eggs in medium bowl until well blended. Add U.S. Lentil purée and shredded carrots.
- In separate bowl, combine flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Blend dry ingredients with U.S. Lentil carrot mixture until fully incorporated.
- Pour mix into prepared muffin pan and bake at 180ºC for about 20-25 minutes. Check to see if they are done with a toothpick inserted in center, if removed clean, they are done.
- Remove from oven and let cool in tray for a few minutes, remove and let cool on cooling rack.