- 500 g Ground Beef
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Tomato Sauce, or more
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Fish Sauce (Patis)
- 1 to 2 Large Potatoes, peeled then diced
- ½ to 1 cup Water, or more
- ¾ cup cooked U.S. Green Peas
- ½ cup Raisins, optional
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Steamed Rice
- Fried Egg
- Fried Ripe Plantain or Saba Banana
- Put ground beef in a sauté pan. Place pan over medium-high heat and allow the beef to render its fat. Remove most of the fat but leave about 2 tablespoons in the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and sauté until translucent. Toss in garlic and cook until aromatic. Add the tomato sauce, soy sauce, patis, potato and water.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes then add the U.S. green peas and raisins. Simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes then season with salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat.
- To serve, put rice on a plate. Top with egg. Put some sautéed beef mixture and fried bananas on the plate. Serve immediately.
- You may use any leftover meat mixture as stuffing for Tortang Talong.
- You can also add some beaten eggs to the leftover meat mixture and cook it like a frittata, or as filling for an omelet.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings