- 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 1 can (390 g) cooked U.S. Chickpeas
- 1 medium Carrot, diced
- 2 medium Onion, chopped
- 8 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Banana Heart, peeled then chopped finely
- 1 Stalk Scallion, washed then chopped
- 5 Eggs
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan set over medium fire.
- Add all the ingredients, except the eggs. Mix well and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper. Pour the eggs into the pan and lower heat. Cook until the center of omelet starts to look dry.
- Sprinkle the scallion over omelet. Using a heatproof spatula, gently fold one edge of the omelet over the vegetables.
- Cook for a few more minutes then slide the omelet out of the frying pan and onto a plate. Cut in half and serve immediately.
Serving per recipe: 6
Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
Fats: 6.7 g
Protein: 7.9 g
Recipe by: Thelma Monatajes – BNS Talomo, North District
Eloisa Simbajon, RND – Coach