U.S. Chickpea Salad
- 4 cups U.S. Canned Chickpeas, Drained
- 1/4 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Lemon or Calamansi Juice, or to taste
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Small Onions or Shallots, Peeled and Chopped
- 3/4 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Fresh Oregano, or to taste
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- for garnishing Basil
- Remove the outer skin of the U.S. Chickpeas. Wash then drain well.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon or calamansi juice, garlic, and onions or shallots. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the U.S. Chickpeas.
- Add the parsley and oregano. Chill for at least four hours.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with basil. Serve cold.