Fried Brown Rice with U.S. Whole Green Peas and Prawns
- 30 g U.S. Whole Green Peas
- 200 g Brown Rice
- 30 ml Oil
- 25 g Garlic, chopped
- 50 g Lotus Seeds, boiled
- 30 g Carrots, diced 5mm and cooked
- 200 g Tiger Prawns, boiled, peeled and diced 5mm
- 50 g Spring Onions, sliced
- 4 ea Whole Peeled Prawns for garnish
- To Taste Black Pepper powder
- To Taste Soya Sauce
- Clean and soak U.S. Whole Green Peas overnight, drain and wash.
- Boil the U.S. Whole Green Peas in fresh water until tender.
- Cool in the boiling liquid, then drain.
- Soak brown rice in water for 4 hours.
- Prepare as steamed rice.
- Once cooked, spread on a tray and let it cold to room temperature.
- Sauté the garlic without giving color, add the cooked carrots, cooked U.S. Whole Green Peas, lotus seed and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the wok with oil and sauté the second garlic until golden brown.
- Add the brown rice and quick mix on high heat. Season.
- Add the U.S. Whole Green Peas, diced prawns and the vegetable mix.
- Combine well and season with soya sauce.
- At last add in the sliced spring onion.
- Arrange on the serving dish and garnish with sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Serve additional soya sauce on the side.