Serving: 17 balls, approximately 30g each
240g Canned Chickpeas (1 can)
30g Oat Flour
30g Protein Powder
1/2 tbsp Flax Seeds
70g Peanut Butter
1-2 tbsp Oat milk (to help bind the ingredients)
Roasted Almonds, for coating
Roasted Cashews, for coating
Toasted Desiccated Coconut, for coating
- To make the date paste, de-seed the dates and soak them in hot water for a few minutes. Drain and blend until smooth.
- For the tahini, use store bought or make your own by simply roasting sesame seeds, then blend them, and add a few tablespoons of vegetable oil to make a paste.
- Rinse the chickpeas and soak them in room temperature water for about 8-12 hours. Drain then set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the chickpeas, then add tahini, date paste, and peanut butter and blend the ingredients together. Add oat flour, protein powder, flax seeds, and blend well. If the batch looks dry, slowly add 1 tbsp of oat milk at a time until it gets a nice consistency.
- Roast the almonds and cashews at 160°C in the oven until they get a nice golden color, then let them cool down. Transfer to a chopping board and chop them up into small pieces.
- Roll the chickpea paste into balls then coat them with chopped almonds, cashews, and desiccated coconut.