- 40 g U.S. Red Lentils
- 400 g Chicken Breast, diced 1.5 cm
- To Taste Curry powder
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Sugar
- 30 mL Annatto Oil
- 50 g Lemongrass, 5 cm stick, pounded
- 50 g Shallot, chopped
- 800 mL Coconut Milk
- 50 mL Curry Oil Paste
- 50 g Chili, chopped
- 200 mL Potato, diced 1.5 cm
- 50 g Carrot, diced 1.5 cm
- 50 g Green Beans, cut 1.5 cm long
- 100 g Green Broccoli in small florets
- 50 mL Original Coconut Milk
- To Taste Black Pepper powder
- To Taste Seasoning powder
- Wash the U.S. Red Lentils and drain.
- Marinate chicken with salt, sugar, and curry powder.
- Blanch the potatoes, carrots, and green beans until almost tender.
- Heat annatto oil and sauté the lemongrass and chopped shallot until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and sauté until cooked.
- Pour in the 800 mL coconut milk and curry oil.
- Add the chopped chili, blanched potatoes, carrots, and green beans and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the soaked U.S. Red Lentils and broccoli florets and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the 50 mL coconut milk, bring to a boil.
- Arrange in the serving dish and garnish with mint or Thai basil leaves.
- If you like a thick curry, use starch to thicken as desired.
- Serve with “Banh Mi” (Vietnamese small baguette).