THAIFEX–Anuga Asia, held annually in Bangkok, Thailand, has become one of Southeast Asia’s largest and most influential food and beverage trade shows. The global standard of the fair is a result of its strong relationship with Anuga, the world’s largest F&B trade show, which is held every second year in Cologne, Germany. Using Anuga’s unique concept of 11 trade shows under 1 roof, THAIFEX-Anuga Asia connects the F&B ecosystem within one mega show.
U.S. Pulses’ past participation in THAIFEX-Anuga Asia has generated promising new trade leads from around the Asia-Pacific region. After three years of postponement due to Covid-19, the 2022 show was held on May 24-28. It proved to be even more successful than the past years and was a great opportunity to meet with new potential buyers and catch up with current importers and distributors from across the region. Over the show’s five days, there were over 1,100 exhibitors and 51,535 trade visitors from 111 countries.
Our U.S. Pulses booth was located in the USA Pavilion, where we had more than 400 visitors, of which 61 are current or prospective customers for U.S. pulses and ingredients.
The Southeast Asia team also attended the following panel discussions:
- Innova’s Top Ten Trends for 2022
- CEO Panel: Plant-based – The Future of Food
- The Future of Food Tech
Key topics and trends discussed during the panels included:
- Sustainability is a key pillar for global and regional F&B leaders
- Environmental concerns are growing among consumers in Asia
- Shared planet and joint responsibility
- The future will center around the full potential of ingredients
- Innovation strategies for plant alternatives to meat, dairy, and more
- Across Asia, plant-based has grown beyond meat substitutes
- Plant-based foods are the new canvas for innovation and creativity
- High tariffs on functional food ingredients limit production of local plant-based foods