Baby Back Rib Soup with U.S. Pulses and Vegetables
- 30 g U.S. Whole Chickpeas
- 30 g U.S. Whole Green Peas
- 30 g U.S. Whole Green Lentils
- 200 g Pork Baby Back Ribs, cut 3 cm
- As needed Oil
- 200 g Whole Japanese Pumpkin
- 60 g Carrots, diced 1.5 cm
- 60 g Potatoes, diced 1.5 cm
- 60 g White Radishes, diced 1.5 cm
- 500 ml Water
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Sugar
- To Taste Ground Black Pepper
- To Taste Coriander
- To Taste Fish Sauce
- 10 g Red Bird Chilli
- Soak the U.S. Whole Chickpeas and U.S. Whole Green Peas separately overnight. Drain and wash.
- Cook all three pulses separately until almost done. Cool in the cooking liquid, then rinse.
- Cut top of pumpkin and reserve it.
- Hollow out the pumpkin taking care not to make the walls too thin.
- Fry pork baby spare ribs in oil until evenly brown.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the fried pork ribs.
- Simmer until almost tender.
- Add U.S. Whole Chickpeas, U.S. Whole Green Peas, U.S. Whole Green Lentils, and carrots and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then add the potatoes and radish and continue to simmer until all ingredients are tender.
- Season with salt, pepper, sugar, and a dash of fish sauce.
- Pour the pork rib U.S. Pulses soup into the pumpkin and steam for 30 minutes.
- For serving sprinkle with black pepper and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve fish sauce with sliced chili on the side.