Adobong Labong with U.S. Black Beans
- 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 3 Cloves minced Garlic
- ½ cup Sliced Onion
- ½ teaspoon sliced Ginger
- 2 cups Bamboo Shoot, sliced then blanched
- 1 cup Cooked U.S. Black Beans
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Vinegar
- 3 pieces Green Chili Pepper
- Salt And Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Sugar, to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add garlic, onion and ginger. Cook until aromatic.
- Add the blanched bamboo shoot, black beans, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the green chili pepper. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes then season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.
Serving per recipe: 5
Carbohydrate: 12.9 g
Fat: 0.3 g
Protein: 4.3 g
Recipe by: Joanne A. Tolentino, BNS – Barangay Tawan-tawan, Baguio District
Sharon Joan R. Dugan, RND, RN – Coach